Friday, November 6, 2009

A Way to a Woman's Heart

If the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, what is the way to a woman's heart? My surmise? Flowers. Ryan surprised me by bringing home flowers, as well as some of my favorite foods when he went out for half n half yesterday morning (for some reason this man refuses to just put milk in his coffee when we run out of half n half!).

You have to know a few things about my husband... The scene from Kate & Leopold where Charlie is buying flowers for Patrice changed my husband's life. When he buys flowers, it may not be the best arrangement ever... but it means something. It literally means something. Every flower has a meaning, and he refuses to buy a flower if he doesn't know what the meaning is or if it conflicts with another flower that he decided to buy already.

When he told me that the red flowers are called "Red Rover Mums"... my response to this was "As in, 'Red Rover, Red Rover send Rachel right over'?" This was NOT the right response... :) When he put the arrangement together he named it "Rest" and presented it to me. And that my friends is how well my husband knows me. I needed something over the next week or so to remind me of the time I spent up in VA, and keep those memories fresh in my mind. My husband is the best man a woman could ask for... Enjoy the flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment