Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Morning Coffee


I blame my parents... 100%.

My fondest memories of my childhood were the ones where I got to sit in on my parents morning conversations. I would walk down the stairs in a fog, and there they were every morning... sitting & talking over their morning coffee.
Over the years and into warmer weather, they would migrate to the back deck and listen to the birds... or my dad would shoot them (another story for another time). The best time I had was the 6 months before my wedding after I had moved from California, and was living at home again... Some of the best talks I had with my parents were in the morning hours over a cup o' joe. This is what people who have businesses out of their home do!

Now, I'm like this grumpy old man getting out of bed, and begging my husband to have a cup with me before he walks out the door for work... And it's all my parents fault. I want to recreate those conversations with my hubby, but he's always faithful at pouring me a cup before he leaves... even if he can't sit down and enjoy it with me. Maybe someday he'll stop looking at his watch so intently and we can enjoy one of those morning conversations... Maybe after retirement :)

1 comment:

  1. Rachel
    I love reading you blogs and looking at your beautiful work...I wish the best as you continue to work your trade. I love you so much.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete