Sunday, February 14, 2010

Timm & Shannon's ACTUAL Engagement!

Timm & I met almost 6 months ago at a wedding we were shooting together.  Timm is owner and chief editor for Studio 74 Productions as well as all around nice guy... (and bride's, if you're looking for a videographer you need to check out his work).

A few weeks ago Timm & I were laying out plans for a future project, and somehow we got on the subject of him proposing to Shannon (his wonderful girlfriend) in the near future.  He said he was proposing at the Biltmore on Valentine's Day weekend, so we started laying out a time and place for the proposal to happen.  Knowing that he's working with me on this project pro-bono, I offered to catch the proposal on camera to trade services.  The plan was to get there, hide, text message Timm & wait for him and Shannon to arrive...

I arrived on the Biltmore Estate 45 minutes early, and started making my way to the "place" only to go down the stairs and discover Timm & Shannon walking IN FRONT OF ME!  (P A N I C!!!!!)  I didn't even have time to text message Timm and tell him that I wanted to him to align perpendicular to me rather than in line (with his back to me).  So I rushed down the stairs, threw on a lens and turned around just in time to catch him down on one knee.

 So I'd like to say that THIS was the proposal...

And THIS was the reaction...
However... because of circumstances beyond our control...
THIS was the proposal...
 

And THIS was the reaction...

Oh no... discovered!
More from our session on the Estate later!
Congratulations & Happy Valentine's Day you two! 

4 comments:

  1. These are awesome, awesome, awesome Rachel! Rachel Pegram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this wonderful event.
    Congrats to Timm & Shannon.
    Brian & Chris
    (Timm's Uncle & Aunt from Michigan)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it!!!!! love Timm and Shannon.....

    Thanks Rachel for capturing their moment so we could share it!

    Tim and Denise
    (Timm's dad and mom)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful moment to always have. Beautiful work. But of course - beautiful people.
    Durine and Jim
    (Comfort Church)

    ReplyDelete