Friday, September 3, 2010

Chris & Terri Get [Married]!

It was Valentine's Day weekend and Ryan and I were both off... per our normal "off" routine we sat down with our coffee and proceeded to watch Dr. Phil.  Yes, Dr. Phil... shhhh!  You're going to miss the rest of the story.  So ANYWAY, as we were watching Chris & Terri came on stage... and my heart went out.  Chris and Terri have been together for 7 years, with no engagement (not for the lack of desire!) and 3 children.  One of which was diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma at the age of 2.  To read more of their story go here.

To make a long story short... Dr. Phil gave Chris & Terri a free wedding.  Because of my own battle with cancer I wrote into the show, and offered to photograph their wedding.  After many emails, phone calls, a flight and cup of coffee later we finally met... and totally hit it off.  I loved this couple... LOVE this couple.  Their bravery, perseverance, love and faith in their family will be something I carry with me always.  Chris and Terri... I'll see you guys in a month back in Kansas City!  We need to grab dinner!

Dress: Paula Varsalona from Bridal Extraordinaire
Ceremony & Reception: Staley Farms Golf Club
Tux's: Bridal Extraordinaire
Cake: Caren's Cakes
Flowers: Floral Accents
Luau Dancers: Aloha Chicago (part 1) & various members of Terri's Family (part 2)


Chris and Terri's reception included a luau!

And my favorites...
Happy family...

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful!! Love the creative touch you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that has the "wow" factor!!! God Bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful photos , great photographer !!!

    ReplyDelete