Friday, October 1, 2010

A Dream...

When I was young I think I confused the heck out of my Mom.  Instead of reading Little House on the Prairie, Goosebumps or other books for kids my age... I had my head buried inside Art Books, and was constantly scouring the discount section at Barnes & Noble for my favorite artist... Monet.

I am now in Kansas City with my friend Rachel, with whom I planned to travel to Europe with to scour Paris and London during our Spring Break in college... which never happened.  But, here in Kansas City, she took me to the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art yesterday and I finally realized a dream I had held captive in my heart since I was that little girl scouring Art Books... I saw Monet's Waterlilies up close and in person.

Sometimes dreams are realized... just not in the places you thought.  My dreams have had to have been re-evaluated this month, and although I'm not where I want to be or where I think I should be... maybe my dreams will be realized in the most unlikely places... like Kansas City instead of Paris.

1 comment:

  1. I see a water lilies painting every time I see one of your bridal collections, Rachel.... you are an artist; a very good one; gifted and sweet.

    Keep those dreams alive; they are the keys to a brighter future. Blessings!

    Debbye Graafsma
    debgraafsma.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete