Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Father's Love...

My Dad and I have always been close... he was always the one I went to when I had problems, always the one that talked me out of the deep end, always the one with the solid advice.  It is today that I am reminded of how grateful I am for that friendship.  It was a very hard thing for me to leave my parent's house and join the one of my husband's.... there wouldn't be anymore breakfast's around the kitchen table, no more early morning coffee when just Dad and the dog were up, no more eggs at 1am.

But something has evolved in this phase of my life... a deep gratitude and appreciation.  My Dad is a selfless man, a man with a huge heart and deep conviction.  A man that would give anything for his family, and a resolve to protect them against all odds.  He is never without a hug, coming or going - which is probably why I hug so much.  He's never without time for the important things - which is probably why all my meetings go long.  He's never without a sound word in a time when I need it most - something I may never have, but consistently try.  He is my hero.

Dad, while I can't be with you on this all important day to show you my gratitude, appreciation and love; you know my heart is there.  I owe much of my common sense and strong convictions to you.  Thank you for always being patient, taking the time for what was important, and being as always... an example of what a Dad should be... an example of what our Heavenly Father is.  I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment